CAREERS with Burleson Construction Inc
OPEN CONSTRUCTION JOBS:
HIRING: Construction Superintendent (Posted/Open: 9/22/2022)
Burleson Construction Inc is looking for a highly motivated and ambitious construction superintendent to join our team of construction professionals. Burleson Construction has been in the Houston construction industry for 20 years, specializing in New Construction, interior finish and tenant improvement projects. Our projects primarily consist of new construction, interior remodels and shell build outs in class A high rise office buildings, retail centers, daycares, medical facilities, and office/warehouse complexes.
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and onsite supervision of Burleson subcontractors and employees.
- Coordination and scheduling of work with construction managers, property managers, and building owners.
- Quality control. Superintendent is responsible for inspecting work and ensuring work is done to project specifications.
- Identify discrepancies in construction drawings and notify project team. Responsible for RFI’s.
- Jobsite safety and reporting.
- Coordinate and lead weekly construction meetings.
- Tracking of material and equipment orders.
- Maintain project schedule and construction timeline. Ensure adequate manpower is onsite to meet goals.
- Responsible for coordination of all site inspections with City officials and 3rd party inspectors.
- Punch list completion and project close out documentation.
- After hours supervision when required.
- Superintendent is responsible for compliance with the contract, construction drawings, and building rules and regulations.
- Foster client and subcontractor relationships.
- Identify work beyond contract documents and assist in resolving scope conflicts.
- Collaborate with project manager to meet project goals.
- Assist project management team in acquisition and approval of shop drawings, samples, and submittal packages.
- Track material and equipment lead times after orders are placed.
- 2 to 5 year minimum experience as a project lead or superintendent in commercial construction.
- College degree preferred or 5 year minimum experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of construction drawings and documents.
- History of completed projects with a proven track record of completingon time.
- Strong communication and writing skills. Must be able to communicate effectively through email.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Project skills are a plus.
- OSHA certifications preferred.
- Understands building processes and procedures.
- Tenant improvement experience, after hour’s work, and knowledge of high rise office building environments are a plus.
- Ability to perform in fast paced high profile situations.
- Demonstrate ability to hold themselves and others accountable and meet expectations.
- Management experience.
- Working knowledge of commercial real estate and property management operations are a plus.
- Customer references upon request.
- Health Insurance.
- 401 K with employer match.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Flexible schedule.